Friday 29 September 2017

Elections Solo

At the start of the topic of the elections I was at unistructural. I knew was who I prime minster and there were parties and leaders that you could vote for. I also knew some of the parties and leaders running in the elections. I also new what groups I belonged to. That the Queen is first in line. The Queen is Elizabeth ll. I knew how and why people participate in the elections.  Also i knew the meaning of rights and responsibilities.

Over the past few weeks I have learnt a lot. I now know that New Zealand uses the demarcated system, which allows legally aged citizens to vote for what they believe is right. Also that there are 7 māori mp’s  in the parliament. There is an estimated 120-121 seats in parliament. First in line is the Queen (Elizabeth ll), Governor General (Patsy Reddy), Parliament, Government and then the voters. Parliament is made up of M.P and the governor general. The Government is made up of mp’s that weren’t elected and the majority. There are many more facts I know about the government and elections.

Now at the end of the elections topic I believe I am extend abstract because I am able to answer the question that are required for this level. I know that I am at this level because I can answer these questions: Explain the purpose of a parliament, Explain the idea of democracy and how it connects to decisions that are made in New Zealand, Explain why people should be allowed to vote in an election, Explain who has been historically discriminated against within our voting system,Why is there a general electoral roll and a Māori roll?, and many more questions.

I know:
- Parliament is in place for if there are bills they how to resolve the issue, if to have a vote. -Democracy is a system used in New Zealand. This system means that citizens of new zealand are allowed to vote and the decision is not made for them. Decision are not just made by one person is made by the country for their vote can make a huge difference.
- People should be allowed to vote because they should have an import of how the country changes for the better and how the country is run.
- There is a maori roll because in the 1840s the treaty was signed and won of the policies was that maori would have their say in any decision made. Their voice would be recognized.
- Some people do not want to vote because they do not want to vote because the do not agree with the policies the parties have or that they don’t care (which they should).
- People have difficulty voting because  they have not enrolled in the general or maori roll.
- If there was only one person in charge many people would disagree because then they would not to get there say and they could make big decision on their own. Also they my change the country for the worst.
- The groups I belong to are: Netball, Basketball, School, family, friends, New Zealand citizen, chores and many more
- My coach, teachers, parents, me, government, Principale makes the decisions/rules for the groups I belong to.
- Government comes up with bills that get addressed to parliament then which is signed off by the G.G.
- People can participate in the elections by discussing why you think a certain party has the best policies and also by Mps going around and talking to the voters about what they are willing to do for the country.
- Rights means that you are able to do things freely like go to school, but with rights there is also responsibility which is showing that you can also take care and make the right choice.
-  I think that ‘election’ means a political system of choosing by voting.

- The elections efect us because what ever laws arw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.