Wednesday 3 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey: Weekone, Day one, Activity Two

Dear Aleece,

I am glad to say I have successfully landed on the land of an island. over the eight mouth journey many people of the iwi did not survive. For most of the time we had spent on the te moana was laborious.


As we rowed our way along the te moana we came across an unexpected guest. Tangaroa! For we did not say a karakia before we set off for this journey. Most of the iwi had been eaten by Tangaroa himself but not me. Luckily I was able to scare Tangroa away with my sacred bone that my grandpa gave me.

I am glad to be one of the first settlers on the unknown island that is yet to be discovered. Please stay safe along your treacherous journey to this mysterious island. I will hopefully see you in a couple of mouths.

Kind regards
Greanne 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Greanne,

    I am very impressed with the way your have structured you letter into paragraphs. It is great to see there is only one main idea in each paragraph. Well done! I also think it is wonderful to read that you have added your knowledge about Maori culture into your letter. It makes your letter seem very authentic!

    I'd love to know more about what the island looks like once you have done a bit of exploring on the unknown land. Are you able to tell me what New Zealand might have been like back then?

    Super work, Greanne! Keep up the great blogging!

    Noho ora mai,
    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Greanne

    I really enjoyed reading your story about your journey to New Zealand. Your descriptive language and your knowledge of Maori culture is outstanding.
    I could really feel that you are anxious about your trip to an island that you don't know a lot about.
    I wonder what you will find when you finally land on the shore of this new land that you talk about.
    Do you think there is anyone there? And if so, are they friendly?
    That's kind of scary in itself!

    I am really impressed Greanne.
    Please keep up the great work and I look forward to reading some more of you work over the summer.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.